Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Arabic support

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Arabic support
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:56:29 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Thamer Mahmoud <address@hidden> writes:

> However, long Arabic strings still have unshaped middle parts and bad
> margin.  See the attached screenshot which is the output of M-30-<BAA>
> in an empty buffer.

Ah, I found what is wrong.  In "struct glyph", we now have
only 4 bits to store indices into an LGSTRING.

    struct
    {
      /* Flag to tell if the composition is automatic or not.  */
      unsigned automatic : 1;
      /* ID of the composition.  */
      unsigned id    : 23;
      /* Start and end indices of glyphs of the composition.  */
      unsigned from : 4;
      unsigned to : 4;
    } cmp;

So, we could handle at most 16 glyphs in one composition.
I've just installed a fix to remove that restriction
(theoretically we still have a restriction of at most
0x7FFFFFFF glyphs in one composition).

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden