Re: Cleanup of byte-compiled files missing?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Cleanup of byte-compiled files missing?
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 14:59:42 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> fatal_error_signal now says:
>
>       if (sig == SIGTERM || sig == SIGHUP || sig == SIGINT)
>         Fkill_emacs (make_number (sig));
>
> Shouldn't the SIGINT part require noninteractive to be non-zero, just
> to be on the safe side?

I don't think it matters. It ought to be impossible to get there via
SIGINT except in batch mode, and if somehow Emacs does get there, it's
going to exit anyway, so it's just a question of if it goes via
kill_emacs (and so calls kill-emacs-hook) or straight to
shut_down_emacs ; and it seems to me it might as well run the hook as not.

Hmm, maybe the only real difference is the treatment of
Vauto_save_list_file_name.