Re: Source code for HTML manuals on Savannah?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Source code for HTML manuals on Savannah?
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 00:24:46 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 18:32:54 -0400
>> Cc: Emacs-Devel devel <address@hidden>
>>
>> David Reitter <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Where can I find the scripts that are used to generate the HTML
>> > versions of the manuals to contributed packages like Tramp or CC Mode
>> > (as on Savannah [1])?
>>
>> I did it with a series of elisp scripts too hideous to show in public.
>> If you need them, I can send you a copy.
>
> What's wrong with "makeinfo --html"?

That's what I started with, and then I added a doctype line (which was
missing, http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=214729), did
some fixes to get it to validate as HTML 4.01 Transitional, and changed
the header to use the GNU website's stylesheet (makeinfo embeds the
stylesheet in the document itself), and prettified the table of
contents.