Re: users and selection changes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: users and selection changes
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:45:51 +0200

> From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:34:44 +0200
>
> If the question is "why doesn't copying something in X make it end up in
> the kill ring any more?", and the answer is "set variable foo to make
> that happen again", then I'd like to know the answer.  Because I'd
> really like to get that behaviour back.

I only know the answer for the following question:

  Why does selecting text with the mouse inside Emacs doesn't make the
  selected text end up in the kill ring and in the X clipboard?

The answer to that is customize mouse-drag-copy-region to a non-nil
value.

If the above question is not what you meant, please explain what is
the meaning of "copying something in X".  Specifically, what gestures
are needed for "copying something", and does "in X" mean in the Emacs
session or in some other X application?