Re: Where did all the wellknown faces go?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Where did all the wellknown faces go?
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 18:23:39 -0400

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

>> This is still too vague; for all we know, they disappared because you
>> deleted them.  Could you provide more details about what you were
>> doing when this happened, and can you find a reproducible recipe?
>
> As far as I can remember the only thing I did was upgrading to this
> version of Emacs
>
> Is there any command that I could have used (inadvertently) to delete
> just the face customizations?

If you've played around with the customize-themes code, there is an
option to migrate your customizations into a theme, in which case they
are removed from your custom file.  It's unlikely you could have done
that by accident, though, and it should not be limited to faces.  I
can't think of any other recent changes that writes to custom-file.
Maybe you have some rogue user code somewhere.