Re: Set the version number in the texinfo manuals using configure

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Set the version number in the texinfo manuals using configure
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 12:26:48 +0100

>> Now how can configure have created a bad makefile yesterday and a good
>> one today?  Do you have any idea how to resolve that mystery?
>
> The only thing I can think of is that somehow doc/misc/makefile was
> open in another program, in which case Windows will not let
> configure.bat overwrite it.  Or something similar.  But I think in
> that case configure.bat should have either asked whether to overwrite
> the file or produce an error message.

I'm 100% sure that this did _not_ happen.

>> But I still have the bug in my branch which also contains the same bad
>> makefile I sent you earlier.
>
> And if you run configure.bat there, does the problem go away there as
> well?

Apparently, building right now (I was not sure whether I should run
configure in case the old makefile could still have told us something).

Remains one issue I'm not entirely sure about.  According to an advice
by Juanma I usually run (and also did run now)

bzr clean-tree --unknown --ignored --detritus --force

in the source directory which should remove the makefiles (IIUC).  Maybe
I forgot to do that the past times, the makefiles persisted, and were
not overwritten (but touched somehow).  Unlikely, I know ...

martin