Re: issues with new gnus nnimap

From: joakim
Subject: Re: issues with new gnus nnimap
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 11:22:49 +0100

> address@hidden writes:
>
>> Noticing the enourmous code churn in gnus, I tried a new Emacs snapshot
>> the other day. I then got different behaviour. Old emails from 2006
>> showed up as new ones. I tried to do catch up on them. They seemed gone,
>> and then I did M-g on the group, and they came back again.
>
> Gnus will now sync the flag state for all messages from the IMAP server,
> so if the server says the message is unread, Gnus will, too.
>
> However, there may be a bug somewhere in the code, of course.
>
> Try `M-g' on the group, and then look in the *nnimap <server name> ...*
> buffer, and find the line for an article you thing should have been
> marked as read, and then see what the server says about the article.
> (Gnus "article numbers" is the same as IMAP UIDs.)

I tried again today with a fresh Emacs. The problem remains.
The log shows a lot of id:s, but they seem all to be flagged with %Seen,
so I dont understand why they would later show up as unread in Gnus.

I tried using nc to talk to the imapd, but wasnt able to fetch those
particular uids, I'm not sure why. I did select INBOX and stuff...

--
Joakim Verona