Re: How to specify fonts for Lucid

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How to specify fonts for Lucid
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 14:49:31 -0500

>> My Lucid menus seem to always use the same font (some kind of
>> Helvetica-like, in medium weight).  I can't seem to figure out where
>> that setting comes from, or how to change it.
>> Ideally configuring the `menu' face would do it, of course, but
>> Xresources would be acceptable (I thought Emacs.pane.menubar.font would
>> do it, but it appears not to have any effect any more).
> Doesn't the instructions in the manual (Emacs => X Resources => Lucid
> Resources) work?

Sorry, I didn't check a recent enough version of the manual.  I see
you've added a NEWS entry since then, thank you.

The way to customize it is still rather unsatisfactory (what with
font/fontSet/faceName, the latter being misleading in the context of
Emacs, compounded by the distinction between menu*, dialog*, and
pane.menubar).

I really wish we could set those things via faces (i.e. reflect changes
to the `menu' face).  It already works for background/foreground colors
of the menubar and popup menus.

        Stefan