Re: elpa.gnu.org repository sync with Emacs

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: elpa.gnu.org repository sync with Emacs
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:10:39 -0600

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:28:41 -0500 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

>> That separates things nicely between "internal" and "external"
>> elpa.gnu.org packages,

SM> I think such a neat separation doesn't actually exist, so I'd rather
SM> treat them all the same, except that some will get more
SM> frequent/significant updates from the upstream maintainers.

OK, whatever works (we can change our mind before 24 is out so I want to
get things going in any form).  You and Chong can let me know how you
decide to lay things out and I will start getting the deployment and
sync scripts done.  I hope you'll reconsider my proposal to keep the
packages in an elpa/ subdirectory instead of a separate branch.

Ted