Re: Emacs 23 Mac port

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Emacs 23 Mac port
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:35:52 +0900

> For whatever it's worth, mitsuharu-sans mac port is the only 23+
> build i've found in which the cursor stays visible when over
> embedded graphics.  I needed that working for my day-to-day editing,
> though it may not be as crucial for many other emacs users.

> I filed a bug report yesterday about the problem:

>     http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7412

One of the Mac port policy is to keep code-level similarity with the
other platforms, especially with X11.  So this type of bugs or
incompatibilities hardly happen on the Mac port.  I think this is
important to make the code "maintainable" with minimal effort.  That
also makes it possible for Mac port users to find bugs that are common
to most platforms, and for a developer of the port to contribute back
to free systems by proposing common fixes or improvements.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden