"RGB" in color.el

From: Miles Bader
Subject: "RGB" in color.el
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 13:15:58 +0900

I think the comments in color.el should be a bit more specific about the
term "RGB", since that's ambiguous (e.g., in `color-xyz->rgb', the
comment just says "Converts CIE X Y Z colors to RGB.").

>From the code it's pretty clear that what's really meant is "sRGB" so
maybe that term could just be substituted.

[I dunno if it's worth adding something like "(gamma corrected)" as well
-- I guess sRGB without generally refers to the gamma-corrected form,
but it can be very useful to programmers to know whether a quantity has
a certain gamma-correction incorporated, so maybe it's worth stating
explicitly...]

Incidentally, that brings to mind the question: are color numbers in
Emacs generally taken to refer to sRGB?  Is there any mechanism in X to
know...?

-Miles

--
Happiness, n. An agreeable sensation arising from contemplating the misery of
another.