Re: Fwd: How to remove verbosity from the data passing mechanism using a

From: Fren Zeee
Subject: Re: Fwd: How to remove verbosity from the data passing mechanism using alist or plist ?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:51:11 -0800

Thien-Thi was on the right track and understood the problem well as his reply indicate as far as I understood it. He has disappeared or refusing to show up. probably this nourishes the ego of such geeks.

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 11:18 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
PJ Weisberg <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Fren Zeee <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I am only satisfied with first part. There are more challenging questions
>> still there. Please read the two or three of my posts before you entered the
>> conversation.
>
> I think your other question was, "What was Thien-Thi talking about
> when he said 'less piecewise-constructive and more table-oriented'?
>
> Here's my guess.  Keeping in mind that I have no idea what you're
> trying to accomplish, I would suggest that instead of having functions
> like find-my-marker-GOLD, find-my-marker-SILVER, and the like, you
> just start out the file with something like:
>
> GOLD 1000
> SILVER 5000
> COPPER 28000
> CHEESEBURGERS 2
> END
>
> And then read those line-by-line to construct your alist or whatever.

I also fail to comprehend what this thread is about, but could this
maybe prove useful?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homoiconicity

Lisp data and code look alike. The lisp data structure is convenient at
every level of the language. Lisp as a dataformat on disk is thus also
convenient.

--
Joakim Verona