Re: Some OpenWrt port related problems

From: David Kuehling
Subject: Re: Some OpenWrt port related problems
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:28:04 +0100

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

> Why do you want to avoid dumping?

Because OpenWrt is using cross-compilation for everything.  I.e.  the
system used for compilation is usually an x86 system, but the generated
executables are for MIPS32 (when compiling for NanoNote).

I could dump Emacs in the target system, from a wrapper script, when
launched for the first time.  But last time I tried that it failed with
insufficient memory (32Mb RAM, no swap), so I'm going without dumping
for now.

So far its working out pretty well.  These are just the compromises
necessary on OpenWrt (and Emacs is certainly not the only package in
need of heavy patching).

cheers,

David