Re: Emacs trunk bootstrapping fails since about two days

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Re: Emacs trunk bootstrapping fails since about two days
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 07:54:24 +0100

> If the checkout is totally clean, then 'configure' cannot contain
> 'gl_EARLY'. Most likely what's happening is that the gentoo live
> ebuild is invoking 'autoconf' without pointing 'autoconf' at the
> proper m4 macros, and that this incorrect invocation of 'autoconf'
> is copying 'gl_EARLY' from configure.in to configure.

Good guess. ;)

Our live ebuild [1] calls "eautoreconf" [2] which will run the
following sequence:

   aclocal
   autoconf
   autoheader
   automake --add-missing --copy --foreign

This used to work without passing any additional options. I've now
changed it so that aclocal is called with -I m4.

[1]
<http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/app-editors/emacs-vcs/emacs-vcs-24.0.9999.ebuild?view=markup>
[2]
<http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/eclass/autotools.eclass?view=markup>