Re: Still unable to build trunk

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Still unable to build trunk
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 06:16:42 -0500

> From: Jim Meyering <address@hidden>
> Cc: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,
> address@hidden,  Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:38:27 +0100
>
> > ftoastr.h should be in lib/, so the fix is to
> > do something like adding -I../lib to CFLAGS as used
> > when running make in src/
>
> Here's an untested patch to do that, assuming that srcdir==builddir.

Thanks, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.  It will get print.c
to compile (maybe, I didn't try), but there are quite a few other
issues that need to be fixed before the w32 Emacs could be built.  For
starters, there will be unresolved externals, because ftoastr is not
linked in.  Then there's no lib-src/getopt_.h file anymore, so
programs in lib-src cannot be rebuilt.  Etc., etc.

People who build Emacs on Windows are best advised to wait until the
build is fixed, or fix it themselves (and push the changes to the
repo), than trying to fix errors one by one by hacking around them.