Re: Gnus overrides.texi and WEBHACKDEVEL

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Gnus overrides.texi and WEBHACKDEVEL
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 02:52:45 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > So what workflow will avoid this danger?  Can you show the commands in
 > that workflow for when a changeset is ready to be committed to the
 > master repo?

I don't have the time to figure that out (I don't use Bazaar heavily
enough to remember the details of the commands, nor do I remember the
details of the workflow in question).

But it's a simple, generic observation: if you have some changes that
should be pushed, and others (that may be worth preserving) that
should not be pushed, use a branch to work in.  Then cherrypick the
changes to your integration workspace (which can be a branch or a
checkout).  Finally push the commits from the integration workspace.

Another possibility would be use of pipelines or looms (but I can't
help you there at all, I've never used either).  I presume both of
those depend on having a true branch, as well, but they are designed
for "work in the integration branch".