Re: Input method or help feature needed

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Input method or help feature needed
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:27:45 +0200

> Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:14:27 -0500
> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
>
> Once in a while I want to enter some character that I know exists in
> Unicode, though I know nothing about where to find it.  Today it was
> the Turkish i without dot.
>
> It is not easy to find how to enter the character you want.
> Can anyone develop a way to make it easier?

Would it be okay to have an apropos-style command that will find
matches in the list of Unicode names of characters created by
ucs-names?

This would allow you to find what you wanted if you know that the name
of the character has "dotless" as its substring.

If that's not what you had in mind, please tell more about the desired
feature.