Re: debbugs.el

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: debbugs.el
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 18:29:25 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Or make the bugs come to you: subscribe to the address@hidden
>> > mailing list, and that's it.
>>
>> The idea of the debbugs SOAP interface is to send queries.
>
> I'm all for it, mind you.  I just think that the reasons stated by
> Lars are not a valid justification for having such an interface in
> Emacs.

"I'd be checking it a lot more often" seems like pretty good
justification to me...

The mailing list is useful too, but it isn't a good replacement for a
query-based interface (I suspect that very active maintainers would use
both, but that many occasional participants would general prefer a
query-based interface).

-Miles

--
Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature
of the Unknowable.