Re: start-process somehow expands *.org

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: start-process somehow expands *.org
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:27:01 -0500

Lennart Borgman wrote (on Tue, 1 Mar 2011 at 03:07 +0100):

> I am calling start-process with one of the program-args beeing
> "*.org". Somehow this is expanded to just the first of matching file.
>
> What is happening? Is this the way it is supposed to work?

Will you PLEASE learn to give complete examples, rather than always
this "I saw a thing; is it a problem?" kind of mail.

Maybe the following is relevant, how should I know what you doing.

Functions that Create Subprocesses

   All three of the subprocess-creating functions have a `&rest'
   argument, ARGS. The ARGS must all be strings, and they are supplied
   to PROGRAM as separate command line arguments. Wildcard characters
   and other shell constructs have no special meanings in these
   strings, since the strings are passed directly to the specified
   program.