Re: How does ELPA work?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: How does ELPA work?
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 08:41:07 -0600

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 10:30:32 +0100 address@hidden wrote:

j> I would like, as an example, for Jan Morringens very useful d-bus proxy
j> library to be available through ELPA if not in the core.

j> How can I help make that happen? I haven't been able to figure out how
j> the GNU ELPA repo works. There is supposed to be a bzr branch somewhere
j> right? Do I have access to that as an Emacs comitter? Can Jan be given
j> that access?

Chong Yidong has been handling the copyright assignments.

The GNU ELPA is in the elpa branch, accessible as
bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/elpa/ and AFAIK without any special
permissions compared to the Emacs trunk.  But deploying from that branch
to elpa.gnu.org is a semi-manual process.  See admin/package-update.sh
in the elpa branch for details on what actually happens, it's pretty
simple..

Assuming the assignment is in order, either I or one of the maintainers
can do the deployment.

Ted