Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:09:03 +0100

12 mar 2011 kl. 06:51 skrev chad <address@hidden>:

> On Mar 11, 2011, at 12:41 PM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
>

>> It's not user friendly to go edit the user file from a program in my
>> book.  Like not at all.
>
> Have you ever run any Gnome or KDE programs? I think your expectations
> of `user friendly' might not match either new or experienced emacs users.

No Gnome or KDE program I know of edits user configuration files. They edit the
programs private configuration file, but these aren't user configuration files
that the user is supposed to edit.

The user configures the program with a GUI interface. This is not the same as
with Emacs where the user is explicitly told to edit .emacs.

     Jan D.