Making it easier to enable dired-x

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Making it easier to enable dired-x
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:15:02 +0100

I'm reading (info "(dired-x) Installation") about how to enable dired-x.

I somehow feel that it should be an easier way to enable dired-x,
specifically through "customize", than to manually enter some Lisp
code in the init file. Furthermore, it wasn't obvious to me that I
need to look in the manual to find out how to enable dired-x.

What do you think? Is it a good idea or even possible to add a
defcustom to dired.el which decides whether or not to load dired-x
with dired?

--
Deniz Dogan