A couple of COMINT questions

From: Michael Mauger
Subject: A couple of COMINT questions
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:30:10 -0700 (PDT)

Just a couple of minor questions about COMINT:

*  Should `comint-delchar-or-maybe-eof' call `delete-forward-char' rather than
`delete-char' in 24.1?

*  When `comint-redirect-send-command-to-process' is used, the filter functions
on the `comint-output-filter-functions' list are not called.  Specifically
`comint-strip-ctrl-m' is not called so that the redirected output may be
decorated with ^M's.  I thought maybe I'd check
`comint-output-filter-functions'

for certain filters and duplicate their actions when I'm dealing redirected
output.  But I don't like that solution;  Any suggestions on how this might be
handled.  I did notice that several filters on the filter list manipulate the
buffer contents rather than processing the string argument as they are
documented to do.  Should the filters be separated between those that modify
the

output and those that manipulate the buffer and window settings (i.e.,
`comint-postoutput-scroll-to-bottom') (And then apply the output filters during
redirection)?

Thanks.

-- Michael Mauger