Suggestion: Have `C-x v =' run `diff-backup'

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Suggestion: Have `C-x v =' run `diff-backup'
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:19:20 +0200

When looking at files, I often wonder what the diff is between the
current version and the previous one, so my fingers go `C-x v ='
automatically, only to be presented with "No fileset is available here".

Wouldn't it be nice if that command, if there was no fileset there, and
there were backup files, would then run `diff-backup' instead of just
erroring out?