[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: nnimap-user setting?
Re: nnimap-user setting?
Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:05:18 -0500
Gnus/5.110016 (No Gnus v0.16) Emacs/24.0.50 (gnu/linux)
On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 16:12:45 -0300 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
SM> Doesn't sound right: what if you have several accounts on the same
SM> IMAP server? auto-info needs to know the username in order to find the
SM> right password.
>>>> In Gnus, you'd set up multiple secondary servers with the same machine
>>>> address and each one has its own nnimap-user.
SM> That's one way to do it, but not the only way. The user may only want
SM> one of the accounts in his list of secondary servers.
>> Can you give a specific example of what you mean and how it should work?
>> I may be missing your point.
SM> The autoinfo file has data for address@hidden and address@hidden, and the
SM> user wants to setup his .gnus to connect to address@hidden and nothing
SM> else (maybe he has another .gnus elsewhere configured to only connect
SM> to address@hidden).
>> You always put `:user nnimap-user' in the `auth-source-search' spec.
>> That means that a line like "machine x password y" won't work if
>> `nnimap-user' is set. It's not annoying, just
>> unnecessarily restrictive.
SM> I'd expect a ":user nil" argument to work just like when there's
SM> no :user keyword argument, so as long as the user doesn't set
SM> nnimap-user the behavior should stay unchanged.
>> Also if the `nnimap-user' is set it should override anything else coming
>> from `auth-source-search'. I think your patch allows it to be
SM> I'm not sure what you mean here. If I specify ":host foo.bar :user
SM> titi" I would expect auto-source to ignore an entry for address@hidden
SM> So either auto-source works differently than what I expect or you're
SM> talking about another case of override.
Your patch is correct. I was thinking incorrectly about the :user nil
search case, which will DTRT as you said. Sorry for
- nnimap-user setting?, Stefan Monnier, 2011/04/13
- Re: nnimap-user setting?, Ted Zlatanov, 2011/04/14
- Re: nnimap-user setting?, Stefan Monnier, 2011/04/15
- Re: nnimap-user setting?, Ted Zlatanov, 2011/04/15
- Re: nnimap-user setting?, Stefan Monnier, 2011/04/16
- Re: nnimap-user setting?, Ted Zlatanov, 2011/04/16
- Re: nnimap-user setting?, Stefan Monnier, 2011/04/18
- Re: nnimap-user setting?,
Ted Zlatanov <=
- Re: nnimap-user setting?, Stefan Monnier, 2011/04/19
- Re: nnimap-user setting?, Ted Zlatanov, 2011/04/21
- Re: nnimap-user setting?, Ted Zlatanov, 2011/04/22