Re: Bootstrap failure with new configure.bat (was Re: Proposed change to

From: Christoph Scholtes
Subject: Re: Bootstrap failure with new configure.bat (was Re: Proposed change to nt/INSTALL)
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 16:54:50 -0600

On 5/6/2011 9:08 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Simply because no one has invested the effort to see whether the
bootstrap will work without it, and tweaked the w32 Makefiles
accordingly.  Those Makefiles are somewhat tricky because they need to
support GNU Make and MS Nmake and also 2 kinds of shell with GNU Make.
The current setup works with all that complexity.

So, I just did a `make maintainer-clean', configure, removed the -DPURESIZE=5000000 from src/makefile and then did a `make bootstrap'.

Everything builds fine.

Does this mean we don't have to go through the two compilation cycles during a bootstrap (once with PURESIZE, once without), but we can just compile it once?

I would volunteer to adjust the makefiles to accommodate this.

Christoph