Re: Putting .h files into lib_SOURCES?

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: Putting .h files into lib_SOURCES?
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 01:55:19 +0200

Paul Eggert wrote:
> I'll CC: this to bug-gnulib, as it raises the more-general issue
> of why we ever put gnulib's .h files into lib_SOURCES.

Ralf Wildenhues answered this question on 2011-01-12 [1]:

  "things like 'make tags ctags cscope' etc. look at all _SOURCES files."

I never use these targets 'tags', 'ctags', 'cscope', so for me personally
it makes no difference whether .h files are added to lib_SOURCES or not.

But if we decide that .h files should be added to lib_SOURCES, I would vote
for gnulib-tool to do this automatically (like it automatically adds all
source files that are not otherwise mentioned to EXTRA_DIST).

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2011-01/msg00201.html
In memoriam The victims of the Skelani massacre