Re: completion-cycle-threshold and a suggestion

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: completion-cycle-threshold and a suggestion
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 00:04:13 -0300

> 1. Grab magit.el (http://github.com/philjackson/magit) and load it into emacs
> 2. C-u M-x magit-status
> 3. Select a 'git' repo that has two branches: feature-old feature
> 4. type 'b' and switch to 'feature-old'
> 5. Now type 'b' again and feature-old is completed first.

That's because the code gives preference to entries that were used
recently (i.e. appear in the history).

In the above example, I guess what we'd really want is to eliminate
`feature-old' from the list since it's the current setting (like we
remove the current-buffer from the C-x b completion).

        Stefan