BBDB in the GNU ELPA (was: Emacs as a desktop environment)

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: BBDB in the GNU ELPA (was: Emacs as a desktop environment)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 09:16:23 -0500

On Thu, 26 May 2011 09:27:05 +0200 address@hidden wrote:

j> While bbdb is the most mature it can't be included in Emacs AFAICS.

It's on my TODO list to look through the BBDB 3.0 Git repository on
Savannah and track down all the contributors for the current source, get
papers from them, and then put BBDB on the GNU ELPA.  Apologies to
everyone who's waiting on me for this, especially Roland Winkler, the
current BBDB maintainer, who's been very patient.

If anyone wants to help with this task, it would be greatly appreciated.
It's not hard work, just time-consuming and I haven't found the time.

Thanks
Ted