Re: HTTP access to Emacs source code

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: HTTP access to Emacs source code
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 21:11:49 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Loggerhead on a large repository such as Emacs's is a very demanding
> process, so you will see such problems inevitably, unless your machine
> has lots and lots of RAM and I don't think bzr.savannah.gnu.org is such
> a monster server.

In this distributed day and age, we can all run our own loggerheads:

bzr branch lp:loggerhead ~/.bazaar/plugins/loggerhead
cd /path/to/bzr/emacs
bzr serve --http
[install any missing python dependencies]

then point web-browser to http://127.0.0.1:8080/

No need to add to the load on Savannah any more.