minibuffer-completion-help, metadata and determining completions sort or

From: raman
Subject: minibuffer-completion-help, metadata and determining completions sort order
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 09:33:12 -0700

Stefan, So the metadata gets placed as a property on the table?

Also I said the list would get traversed even if the sort
function was identity because the code does a funcall of the sort
function provided, but perhaps that's not a big issue. Some
examples on providing metadata would really help -- I've never
fully understood the completions code -- especially with respect
to the table and mode arguments.

--
Best Regards,
--raman