Re: Problem to configure --with-ns with GNUstep

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Problem to configure --with-ns with GNUstep
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 23:42:01 -0600

This is the explanation that Richard (gnustep-base maintainer) give me
about this problem:

On lun, 2011-06-20 at 05:37 +0100, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> When you configure gnustep-base, it records whether gnustep-make
> tells it to use native exceptions or not ... by recording the value of
> _NATIVE_OBJC_EXCEPTIONS in  BASE_NATIVE_OBJC_EXCEPTIONS in GSConfig.h
>
> When you build any software using base, the header file NSException.h
> checks that gnustep-make is still saying that native exceptions should
> be used (ie checking that the current value of _NATIVE_OBJC_EXCEPTIONS
> supplied by gnustep-make is the same as the value recorded in
> GSConfig.h).
>
> If you are building software without gnustep-make, you need to define
> _NATIVE_OBJC_EXCEPTIONS appropriately.

For the moment, I solved the problem checking the value of
BASE_NATIVE_OBJC_EXCEPTIONS, defined at header "GNUstepBase/GSConfig.h",
and declaring _NATIVE_OBJC_EXCEPTIONS in "configure" with that value. Of
course, configure should read that header to see the right value that
depend of each user.