STARTTLS for erc

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: STARTTLS for erc
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 01:55:18 +0200

I thought I had finished my TLS work for Emacs 24, but then I remembered
erc.  :-)

Apparently the IRC protocol now supports STARTTLS, but I can't seem to
find a reachable IRC server that supports it?  But I may be
misunderstanding the IRC protocol, which I know nothing about.

Anybody know of a public one that has STARTTLS that I can test with?