Re: [ELPA Submission] OpenDocumentText exporter for Orgmode

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [ELPA Submission] OpenDocumentText exporter for Orgmode
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:01:03 +0200

Hi Chong and Jambunathan,

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

>> Also, could you explain in more detail whether/when this work is
>> slated to become part of org-mode?
>
> AFAICS, Bastien is in favor of inclusion (pending a review, ofcourse). I
> believe that the only thing that is slowing things down is the Life
> itself with it's non-negotiable demands.

Here is the plan I suggest:

- For Org 7.6 (planned early next week): include org-odt.el and related
  files in Org/contrib/ - this directory doesn't go to Emacs trunk, but
  there go files we want hardcore Orgers to test and improve.

- For Org 7.7: work on integrating the ODT exporter to Org's core.

Apologies to Jambunathan for the delayed work on this.  I will now have
more time to make sure this change happens.

Also Stefan had a great suggestion: it's always easier to review small
patches, especially when life goes a bit crazy.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien