Re: Idea for C-x v u

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Idea for C-x v u
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:54:31 +0200

Chong Yidong skrev 2011-06-28 16:58:
Jan Djärv<address@hidden>  writes:

Why not a customize variable vc-show-diff-before-revert that takes
values yes, no or ask?  Personally I'd set it to no.

Really?  If you type `C-x v u' by mistake, you lose your changes with no
possibility of retrieval.  If there's anything that needs a yes-or-no
prompt, vc-revert is it.

I have never hit C-x v u by mistake. u is pretty far from other common vc operations (=, d). Just because something may be lost doesn't mean we should add yes-or-no for them all. What if there is important text in a temporary buffer? Add yes-or-no for C-x k? I don't have rm aliased to rm -i either. It works for me and probably others.

Anyway, the default may very well be ask.

        Jan D.