Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r104691: Don't reuse previous Mes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r104691: Don't reuse previous Message-id when resending.
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:13:41 -0400

    You should reconsider that decision.  Stephen's message cogently
    explains _exactly_ why the behavior specified in the RFC is also the
    right thing to do.

I don't know what it explains, and I am not going to try to find out.
I am not going to read a long, arrogant and hostile message, some of
which is clearly based on false premises, to see if any parts of it
might be valid.

If he thinks I am wrong, and wants me to pay attention to his opinion,
he should present it to me in a way that isn't hostile and doesn't
waste my time.  And he should recognize that Emacs maintenance decisions
do not require his approval.

Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St