Re: Changing the default for `send-mail-function'

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Changing the default for `send-mail-function'
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 07:40:33 -0400

    >     The main reason for the change is that using a misconfigured MTA leads
    >     to silently dropped mail which is *really bad*.
    > Why doesn't it deliver a bounce message?

    Where would it deliver it?

To your local mailbox, wouldn't it?  Isn't that the default for Exim
in GNU/Linux distros?

Are we talking about the case where Exim has not been configured and
it can only do local delivery?  Or are we talking about the case where
the sysadmin made a mistake in configuring it?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation