Re: debbugs.el revisited

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: debbugs.el revisited
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 14:58:07 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> BTW, I suggest making debbugs-send-control-message prompt for and pass
> an optional version number when closing bugs. This information is very
> useful, IMO.

The version number is the version number the fix has been applied to?
Then perhaps it could just default to sending over

=> ""

if the user doesn't override it?

What does the control message for the version number in debbugs look
> Also I don't think adding the "fixed" tags at the same time as you close
> is of any use. The help says:
>   fixed
>       This bug is fixed or worked around, but there's still an issue that
>       needs to be resolved
> ie fixed is just a weaker version of closed. (It seems like a fairly
> useless tag altogether to me.)

Oh, I thought we wanted to differentiate between (for instance)
"notabug,closed" and "fixed,closed"...

> If someone reopens a bug later on, do they also need to remember to
> remove the "fixed" tag?

Doesn't the same apply to other tags like "notabug"?

> Other commands you might want to add:
> unarchive
> reopen
> merge