X settings, default-frame-alist and initial-frame-alist issues.

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: X settings, default-frame-alist and initial-frame-alist issues.
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 10:10:57 +0200

Hi,
it seem impossible actually to have X default settings (i.e in
Xressources), default-frame-alist settings, and initial-frame-alist.
I want a default-frame-alist setting different than the one in
initial-frame-alist.
I followed the advices in docstring and info of initial-frame-alist:

* Specify X resources to give the geometry you want.
* Set `default-frame-alist' to override these options so that they
  don't affect subsequent frames.
* Set `initial-frame-alist' in a way that matches the X resources,
  to override what you put in `default-frame-alist'.

I am using fullscreen => maximized in .Xressources
           fullscreen => nil       in default-frame-alist
           fullscreen => t         in initial-frame-alist

At every restart of emacs, frame is maximized as expected by the X
settings, then my init file load, and at end of startup, frame is
resized with (i guess) settings of default-frame-alist.

Did i miss something or it is a bug?

(i think this is related with another issue, see bug#9033)

--
A+ Thierry
Get my Gnupg key: