Re: Abort when creating frame

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Abort when creating frame
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 22:29:51 +0300

> Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 19:57:37 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
>  > Nope, cannot reproduce this.  Emacs starts OK for me, and displays
>  > both the initial frame and HELLO correctly.  If I set a breakpoint in
>  > bidi_initialize, I see a non-nil value being returned by
>  > uniprop_table.
>
> It comes up normally here too and I can view HELLO.  But it aborts when
> run under the debugger.

Under the debugger, does it abort before completely displaying the
initial frame?  Or is that frame already displayed when it aborts?

Also, what version of the debugger do you have?

And how did you configure Emacs? what options to configure.bat did you
use?

>  > Do you have a good uni-mirrored.el file in lisp/international?  What
>  > is its size?
>
> No idea.  It has 9342 bytes.

That's the size I have here.

>  > Could it be that bootstrapping somehow messed up that
>  > file?
>
> How would I tell?

Recreate it?

I'm bootstrapping a clean tree and will see if I can find out
something that way.