Re: Segfault in vertical-motion

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Segfault in vertical-motion
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 21:12:25 +0200

> Perhaps send me that mode with some simple recipe to see the crawling,
> maybe there's something I can do about it.

You probably wouldn't understand it.  I wrote it years ago and can
hardly remember a thing when looking at it.  The only issue (which I
also tried to read between the lines of some discussions of org-mode or
was it outline-mode in context with bidi-display-reordering) is to have
an option to turn checks for reordering off within invisible text.
Which would obviously break when text direction changes within invisible
text - but this would be my responsibility then.

> If you see the slow down not in prog-mode descendants, then try
> setting bidi-paragraph-direction to left-to-right.

I'm mostly interested in prog-mode descendants.

martin