Emacs on OS X development

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Emacs on OS X development
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 06:06:24 +0200

While doing some bug triage this weekend (I'm done now for this time!
Promise!) I noticed that the single biggest grouping of unhandled bug
reports seem to deal with OS X-related bugs.

Would it be an idea to issue some kind of "EMACS NEEDS YOU to fix OS
X-related bugs" statement on reddit or something to try to attract more
OS X-using developers?  Or are there other reasons for the situation?  I
seem to remember somebody doing OS X development out-of-tree for some
reason?