Re: Pretest

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Pretest
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 21:27:23 -0400

>> After Martin relentlessly and carefully worked out the bugs from his
>> humongous, many-faceted, and detailed buffer-display changes, you
>> suddenly changed it all again (recently).  And during a feature
>> freeze, no less.  Even Martin (our resident window/buffer-display
>> expert) has admitted that he does not yet understand the new code.
>> Does that count as "something coming up"?
> No.

Just to put some argument behind it: the new code that replaces Martin's
is not humongous, not many-faceted, ... instead it's a fairly small
change, localized change, with a reasonably clear "backward
compatibility argument".
That's why we haven't seen too many bug reports since this new scheme
has been installed.
Sadly, it goes much less far than Martin's change, so some of the more
interesting developments end up postponed to 24.2.

        Stefan