Re: OAuth2 implementation in Elisp

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: OAuth2 implementation in Elisp
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 21:55:40 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

>>> The format of the page is not standard, so there's no way you can
>>> display it in Emacs. Really.
>
> j> I know nothing about this but out of curiousity: could it in principle
> j> be done using the emacs xwidget webkit branch? There is some support to
> j> access the DOM etc. there.
>
> SHR (see gnus/shr.el) could probably do it too, and it's in the trunk
> already.  But I'd rather pretend we're a web app and skip even this step
> if possible, following the URL redirects instead.  I think that's
> possible based on my reading of the IETF OAuth2 draft.

I don't know the OAuth spec, but you seem to imply that the pages
showing the yes-no-buttons and the authentication code need to be HTML.
But I understand Julien so that this is really arbitrary: some
JavaScript that has to be interpreted, an image, a video (with 30
seconds beer ad before), or even some flash stuff.

Bye,
Tassilo