Re: Persian RTL problem

From: mehran khajavi
Subject: Re: Persian RTL problem
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 15:49:07 +0330

I searched a lot but couldn't find any terminal with this attribute
I tested xterm but it doesn't work

another problems:
In some buffers for example ERC irc channels RTL doesn't work
It aligned as Left , Is there any function to set buffer as RTL?
or is there any option to set if most of the text is in Persian language set this line as RTL?

2.there is some bugs that I see in Emacs 24 pretest with RTL
according to attachment , text that bordered with sign "1" should be in right of the buffer
when I enter a blank line and enter the same line it will be aligned in the right way(signed as 4)
after that I entered an English text without blank line (signed as 2),it aligned at right but it should be in left
numbers of persian language will be aligned at left but it should aligned in right(signed as 3)

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: mehran khajavi <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 21:07:56 +0330
> Cc: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> wow great
> it solved
> but only  with gtk+ screen, not from emacs -nw option!
> any solution to get it work in terminal?!

To have Arabic shaping in "emacs -nw", you need a terminal that
supports Arabic shaping.  Emacs cannot shape by itself when it works
on a TTY, because TTYs support only single-character writes.

I have no idea which terminals support shaping, sorry.  If you find
out, please post the information here, so we could include it in the
relevant documentation.

--
-----
Mehran Khajavi