Re: Git mirrors

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Git mirrors
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 20:06:57 -0400

David Reitter wrote:

> On Oct 6, 2011, at 5:58 PM, John Wiegley wrote:
>
>> If Bazaar were the _only_ way I could follow Emacs development and
>> contribute back code, I'd simply stop doing so and pay attention only
>> to releases from now on.
>
> +1
>
> I would contribute more to the NS port rather then making armchair
> comments on this mailing list if it could be done with my tool of
> choice. The NS port would have a fullscreen mode by now, for example,
> with correct frame-parameter integration. (We've had it in Aquamacs
> for a long time!)

Comments like these are really depressing.

Perhaps you could post the patch and its attribution to bug-gnu-emacs so
that someone else can review it for possible application after the
feature freeze. (I won't be able to do this myself because I won't be
able to test it or judge the technical merits.)

Then at least something productive may come of
yet-another-VCS-derail-on-emacs-devel.