RE: `isearch-allow-scroll' - a misnomer and a bad design

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: `isearch-allow-scroll' - a misnomer and a bad design
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 14:13:11 -0700

ping

> This is about creating a user _option_ to allow commands that
> are bound to keys in `isearch-mode-map' to receive the prefix
> arg that a user tries to give them. That's all.
>
> And you [RMS] have already agreed to adding this option.
> What remains to decide is the default value of the option.

Everyone in the thread seems to have agreed that the option should be added.
Alan provided patch for it.  Can we have this done in Emacs 24 please?  If you
don't change the default behavior there is no impact on users who do not
customize the option, and the code is essentially the same (no surprises).