Re: Git mirrors

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Git mirrors
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 21:34:32 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Yes, it was.  So was the decision to develop GNU Emacs, GCC, and the
>> > whole GNU Project.  And your point is?
>>
>> You are comparing apples to oranges. Emacs and GCC came into being
>> because there was no available options that were Free and
>> cooperative. Or else a decission to create a flagship for Free Software
>> was taken. That does not fit the bzr case at all.
>
> Sorry, I don't see the difference.  My point is that political
> decisions are not necessarily bogus just _because_ they are political.

And this whole subthread is about my impression that the policy that
chose bzr over its competitors is, possibly, damaging for Free
Software. That's all. I'm not proposing to ditch bzr, nor advocating
git, nor asking others to do work for me. All that is your strawman
argument. You go to the point of arguing with me about quotes that I
included (and marked as such) on my previous message, as if I were the
author of such quotes. Once you calm down to the point of understanding
what I actually wrote, I'll be happy to discuss the first point
mentioned on this paragraph, which is what I care about. In private,
please, as we already created enough noise with this.

[snip]