Re: Nebulous streaming/point bug

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Nebulous streaming/point bug
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 07:56:19 -0500

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 03:04:53 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
wrote:

LMI> Yup.  Looks like the problem was where I thought it would be.
LMI> Now, I obviously don't recommend the horror included below as a patch,
LMI> but it seems to make it possible to read news with Gnus again under
LMI> Emacs 24.  But it should be fixed in a different way.  :-)

LMI> I'm not familiar enough with GnuTLS internals to say what the fix really
LMI> should be, but I can test patches.

Based on your patch I think it's a GnuTLS bug.  They are up to 3.x now,
which makes it harder: do we keep supporting the 2.x series or do we
start using 3.x, which will be harder to obtain because it's new,
especially for the W32 build?  I'd rather not support both and just move
to 3.x, which has a fairly compatible API, and see if the bug is still
there.  What do you think?

Obviously all this would happen after the release; for now I think it's
best to use your patch and note it's temporary.

Ted