Re: Multi-platform build system (was: Building Emacs on Windows with Min

From: Christoph Scholtes
Subject: Re: Multi-platform build system (was: Building Emacs on Windows with MinGW+MSYS)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 19:18:44 -0600

On 10/13/2011 7:06 PM, Juanma Barranquero wrote:
Time ago I volunteered to write a CMake [1] build spec for Emacs. It was
considered unnecessary by the people who does most of the work on the
current build systems.

IIRC, it was also unacceptable, because the user would need CMake to
build Emacs, as opposed to just generating makefiles than can be
packed into the tarball. Is that so, or am I misremembering?

Couldn't you pack the Makefiles generated with CMake into the tarball when you create it?